Are you, like us, always thinking about how to solve the complex and challenging? Do you want to use your natural talent to make an impact on industries that are nation building?
Most likely as a kid, you made stuff, broke stuff, investigated and experimented. If you are a talented engineer who has spent a lifetime thinking about how to improve machines, process and, indeed, entire industries, with Dematec you can apply your skills to change how the nation works.
Explore your career opportunities with Dematec
Dematec values people above all things. You might have read words similar to these before, but might not have experienced them. So there’s only one way to find out.
If you like what you have seen on our site and you are a person who understands that it is a customer who determines if a job is well done, then we should absolutely connect. We need people suitable for Australian Defence clearance.
We are an ambitious company, with a grand vision, and will need the best people possible to make it happen.
Enquire about our Graduate and Undergraduate Programs
Dematec Automation’s Graduate and Undergraduate Programs give you the opportunity to put what you have learned into practice. Operating for over ten years, the programs give engineering students the opportunity to work, or undertake their required industrial work experience, in a diverse and challenging environment.
Dematec’s graduates get exposure to the full breadth of our company’s activities, including engineering design and solution delivery using PLC, SCADA and HMI, project management and estimation, as well as getting hands-on in our workshop and at client sites.
We generally take graduates from Mechatronics, Software, and Electrical engineering, and Computer Science / Engineering.
Undergraduates get a similar opportunity for exposure to Dematec’s activities over the course of their internship. Many of our undergrads have gone on to full-time employment with Dematec upon graduation.
To apply, fill in the form provided or phone us on +61 (0)8 8374 7600.
Dematec supports industries such as water, manufacturing, defence, and agriculture. Our success has been built on our culture and we seek like-minded people known for their down-to-earth, practical, and dedicated approach to building relationships and providing technically sound solutions to the problems experienced by our clients. Coupled with our strategic research investment, this history is driving the development of new innovative offerings.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role operates in a project-based environment that offers new challenges with each assignment.
Integral to the role are your skills and knowledge to:
- design electrical equipment and control systems utilising PLC/HMI/DCS programming
- produce electrical drawings for a range of uses (eg schematics, tender release and fabrication)
- write project engineering documentation and equipment manuals that are compliant with relevant standards, legislation, and customer specifications
- peer review all technical drawings and calculations
- support Electricians in the fabrication of electrical items and undertake inspections, FATs, and commissioning to verify quality and functional performance
- oversee installation of equipment
- document and deliver training to clients for electrical equipment and control systems
- support the project management function from costings through to shipment of finished goods.
You will have:
- the ability to produce unblemished clearances for DCSI and the defence sector.
- at least 3 years’ experience as a qualified engineer, preferably in water, defence, manufacturing, or food & beverage industries
- a tertiary qualification in Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic Engineering or Computer Science
- experience working in industries with critical infrastructure and 24/7 operating requirements
- a strong technical background in PLC/HMI/DCS Programming
- experience in Electrical design and drafting, experience in SCADA scoping, design, build and deployment (ie Citect, Clear SCADA, Factory Talk, Ignition) will be highly regarded
- a background in the scoping, design, and implementation of:
- Telemetry Systems
- Industrial Networking
- an understanding of Industrial IOT applications
- a working knowledge of relevant Australian Standards including AS4024 (Safety of Machinery) and AS3000 Wiring Rules
- experience delivering against project schedules
- strong written and oral communication skills coupled with experience writing technical documents
- be available to travel inter- and intra-state.
What’s on offer?
At Dematec we take pride in seeing our people develop their careers in a supportive and friendly environment. A remuneration package for the successful applicant will be negotiated based on experience and skills.
How to apply
If you would like to explore your future at Dematec in this exciting role, submit your resume and cover letter via the Apply Now button below. Please ensure your application addresses the above criteria.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
"*" indicates required fields