Farm-tech is realising new advances for agriculture to achieve greater profitability by decreasing cost/yield. For smaller operations, it is about applying fit-for-purpose technologies to compete against much larger competitors.
For large operations, it is about meeting a host of demands, without creating additional layers of unnecessary costs and thereby preserving profit.
For every agribusiness, it is about ensuring compliance to regulatory standards, quality control, and for track and tracing of produce from the supply chain to sale to market.
Conservation of water and energy, as well as operational process control with data collections in agribusiness, also deserves the innovative technologies as used by defence and manufacturing. Dematec is proficient in applying these technologies to bring greater clarity to agribusiness managers/owners so that not everything is left to chance.
Our solutions for agriculture include:
- Farming supply chain management—materials monitoring
- Agi Produce sorting and quality control
- Functional machine safety and data security
- Product tracking
- Data collection and analysis
- Smart Irrigation (start/stop supply channel outlets, pumps, flow control for water optimisation)
- Interfacing on-farm automation with MRP/ERP systems
- Providing renewable and grid energy optimisation
- Robotic applications for sorting and packaging